Boy #1 (SAT Game):
This is where it all started. New Year's Weekend 2009. Leaving a club and on my way out, a fairly short man grabs my arm and tells me i "NEED to give [him my] name." I look at him sideways and question what seems to be the beginning of a threat. He tries to fix his statement, twisting it up as if he is just desperate to know who I am. I can't deny that I'm flattered, but I do think it's a little ridiculous. Now his nickname "SAT Game" comes from the way he was talking to me. Every other word was just unnecessarily large. He even had the nerve to say, "you're cute...I'm cute...let's capitalize." Now I did give him my contact information because he was EXTREMELY persistent which is more than i can say for most guys. He told me he was 22, which I soon learned was false, and that in actuality he was 20...my thoughts exactly. Then he started getting annoying, it was like once I found out his true age, he thought he had to be extra to keep me entertained, Shaft and I like to call it "whipped cream," and it was on EVERYTHING. Needless to say, we no longer speak.
Boy #2 (American Idol/Heisman):Now I also met this young man over New Year's weekend. We hit it off because the club was wack and he, I and Shaft were just acting a fool and cracking jokes. (if you haven't learned by now...you have to be able to make your own fun in Chicago...the clubs/dj's don't usually help too much). So we exchanged information and the more we spoke, the more immature he became. We would talk from time to time, but he was always talking about how him and his friends would get into fights every week ON CAMPUS! Then he would talk about how he's going to go to the NFL (highly unlikely unless he was to walk on...not a D1 school). THEN he told me he could sing...offered to serenade me...and I had to put him on mute so I could laugh without him knowing. It was sad, but what was even sadder was that he was really 23 with the mind of a 19 year old. We no longer speak either.
Boy #3 (Diego):
Met him on my lovely trip to visit Shaft in Sin City. He was cool, a group of us went out after acting up at a club. Became friends on facebook before anything and then started talking. A baby, yes, but surprisingly a lot more mature than the others. Met in March, it's now May. The other babies lasted about 2 months, but it took about 3 for them to completely die out and realize they shouldn't be contacting me any longer. I still enjoy talking to Diego, so we shall see how he ends up...
Boy #4 (Random Frat Boy):
Now this mess happened to me yesterday and I wasn't as friendly or accommodating. So the undergrad chapter of my sorority in the city was having an event and I try to go support as much as I can. I was at the event (acting out as usual) and someone screams my name. I look in the direction of where I heard my name and a young man reaches out his hand to me, shakes my hand and then says "I've never seen you before." I replied, "because I'm grown." I ask him how he knows my name and he had asked somebody. But if he was bold enough to just scream my name, shouldn't he have been bold enough to just ask? Just a thought I guess. Anyway he tells me he wants me to come to a party that his frat his throwing...at their frat house. DENIED. I may look young, but I don't need to be in ANYONE's frat house at this age. CRAZINESS!
I've said all fo this to say that I THINK i may have come to grips with the fact that I am no longer going to be able to attract men my age, or in my desired age range (24-28). I wish this wasn't the case, but I don't think there's anything I can do about it. With all of that being said, I think I can suck it up and deal with mature young'ns for the time being. We'll see where this takes me.



Hey...I find you attractive. don't give up ;)
ReplyDelete