So apparently, most people view me as this....
A couple quotes I heard just this past weekend around the city of Chicago...
"Are you old enough to be in here?" - Random Indian/Portuguese guy @ Martini Park
"You LOOK like you're 12!" - Random promoter at Libertine
"SOMEBODY GET THAT LITTLE GIRL OFF THE FIELD!" - Random dude at a flag-football game
"Where's your Mama!?! I need to ask her if I'm allowed to be talking to you!" - Random FINE dude at the flag-football game
"We can't sit at the bar guys. I think we have a minor with us." - One of Whitney's random teammates.
I'm sure you can sense my frustration. I'm thinking my only options in solving this problem are the following:
- Only wear my hair straight. (Like it straight, but LOVE my curls)
- Start wearing LOADS of make-up (not happening...all about the natural beauty shauty)
- Cut my hair. (LOVE my long hair)
So, due to the fact that I have issues with all of the above, I have to decide whether I'm going to put up with the "youngin' comments" or just man up and do something about it. I'm thinking #3 is going to be the one I end up going with, but the only factor left to decide is the WHEN. I'm thinking either the big 25 or my Jordan (that's 23 for the slow people).


What do you guys think? I need help solving this dilemma!!!!


Girl you better not cut your hair! Cutting your hair os only going to make you mad!
ReplyDeletejust ride it out, mayne. like you said, it's greater later.
ReplyDelete1st - You don't even like Chi-town dudes so why do you care what they think?
ReplyDelete2nd - Why so dramatic? Who's going to dry your eyes and take you to therapy when the barber is taking the shears to your beloved 5 foot mane while trying to recreate the Halle Berry (the hair, not the dance)? Need I remind you that you close your eyes in horror while getting a trim? All this to say, its not your hair that makes you look younger than you are. It's your cheeks and height. ;) Besides, who would all the 20 year old's and R. Kelly's hit on if you looked your true age? And think of all the endless entertainment and vernacular we've enjoyed at their expense. Nevertheless, start with a cut you can cope with... for YOU. Don't want you having phantom pains and panic attacks when a dude runs his fingers through your scalp.
~S
Do NOT cut your hair or change any of your physical features to appease the ignorant masses. If you want to cut your hair for you fine, but it seems like you want to do it just so you can look "older" to some folks who really don't matter.
ReplyDeleteAnd if you do cut it and still get the "you look young" comments, then what? You just chopped off your beautiful mane for nothing.
If you want to change up your look start with something sutble like some new eye glass frames or trying out some light makeup then go from there. I'm here to help if you want to try out some things.
Lol. Don't change it, I've been told I look younger than I am too (not to your degree) but still, enjoy your youth while you got it. i mean i'm growing a moustache but thats because i'm too cheap to buy more razors.
ReplyDelete