Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Contrast

So a few weeks ago (last week in Feb) I made my first Vegas trip. Now, this trip had an assload of anticipation surrounding it for a few reasons...
  1. It was free (Thanks Southwest, thanks again Shavonnah!)
  2. I was in dire need of a vacation (always am....)
  3. Do I even need to mention it...I mean...it's VEGAS!
The trip was amazing! Shavonnah was the perfect host and made sure that there was nonstop fun from the time I landed to the time I took off. Vegas will definitely have to happen a few times a year from now on.

Going on this trip made me realize how out of place I truly am in the Chicago social scene. Granted, people are expected to act a little out of character in Vegas, but I think I was even a little much for them...completely sober! The part that I loved the most was that there was always SOMETHING to do, whereas here in Chicago, the city pretty much shuts down around 2am. Also, the people are a lot more open and friendly. Again, I do understand that this too probably has a lot to do with the fact that it is Vegas, but why can't people be friendly and willing to meet other people in Chicago too???? I'm confused.

Chicago...STEP YOUR GAME UP

No comments:

Post a Comment