Maybe it's because I'm still lacking an ideal-sized crew.
Maybe it's because the majority of clubs close at 2am.
Maybe it's because I've only been on a handful of dates in 10 months.
Maybe it's because Timbuk2 makes my blood boil.
Maybe it's because Sallie Mae didn't bother me until I got here.
Maybe it's because I don't live on the South Side (moving in April)
Whatever the reason(s) may be, Chicago is still feeling a little socially off to me. I think the main problem may be the men, but this past Valentine's Day I learned that there are very attractive, seemingly interesting black men out there in Chicago...they're just TAKEN!
Whitney & I spent most of our Valentine's Day 2009 in the Grand Lux Cafe lobby watching a ridiculous amount of fine men pass us by with women on their arms. We also saw a healthy number of arguments and break-ups, but of course those dudes weren't that desirable. Now don't get me wrong, I have found a distraction here and there, some more sane than others. However, it's kind of disheartening to think that I have found a "city" (<----SHAFT!...can you dig it?) that I love so much, but can't find a decent amount of decent people to go along with it.
Now, if I can't find a decent amount of decent people to kick it with, I can at least go and act a fool at the club on the weekends right? -----WRONG----- Apparently Chicagoans can only hang for like 45 minutes, so the DJ usually doesn't start gettin it in until 1:15 (mind you, the club closes at 2). So it now makes sense why people think I have too much energy... THEY HAVE NONE!
It has to get better right?
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment