So this past week was Thanksgiving, and even though I did not get to go home and spend the holiday with my family, I was lucky to be able to have people here in Chicago that I could spend the day with
-- VERY GRATEFUL.
Now, there is something about the holiday season that makes most people feel very generous. It is around this time where you see everyone donating to soup kitchens, good will, even individual families. And in MOST cases those on the receiving end are very grateful. I repeat, in MOST cases. So this past Black Friday I had to work at my side gig, and afterward went to get something to eat in the food court. I had gone to Popeye's, sat down and just as I go to start eating my food a homeless lady comes up to me and asks me politely if I have any change to spare so that she can get something to eat. I told her no, and at that point the politeness, politely faded. With an attitude in her voice she continues with,
"You don't have ANYTHING."
"No, I'm sorry, I don't have any cash."
"Umph, I haven't eaten all day."
"I'm sorry about that"
"Well you can't just buy me something on your credit card?"
"No"at this point, my manners are starting to fade.
"Well then just give me a piece of your chicken then!"
Now anyone that knows me I'm sure has a prediction of what my response was at this moment, but you'd be VERY happy to know that I did NOT act out in any way, shape, or form. I was very frustrated, but instead of acting out, I looked down, took a deep breath, and broke a piece of my chicken off and laid it on a napkin for her...
"Here you go."
She looks at it, and responds under her breath,"nah, nevermind, you ain't even gon' give me nothin'"
-- VERY UNGRATEFUL
6 years ago

Mad funny. Panhandlers are mostly homeless crackheads, anyway. Which is why I never give them anything. Unless I have some crack on me.
ReplyDelete